Saturday, December 21, 2013

Influenster Jolly VoxBox





   I recently signed up on Influenster; a website that is like a huge social network of product lovers.  Influenster is mostly known for their free boxes that they send out for people to review.  In order to receive one of their themed boxes people need to review products and participate so they are able to get an idea of boxes that would be a good fit for you.  People are not guaranteed a box so it is never good to go in with that intention.  I like to view Influenster as more of a resource of great product information.
   Now that we've covered what Influenster is, let's talk about what box I received.  I received the Jolly VoxBox.  To be completely honest, it seemed like a really random box.  This was the first box I have received so I don't know if every box is like this but this box just seemed weird to me.  I received a pack of Puff's tissues, Duck tape, Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquer, Skinny Cow Peanut Butter Chocolates, and NYC HD Color Trio.  
   Let's start with the makeup since that obviously is what I am most interested in!  The Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquer in the color Apollo is a liquid lipstick.  It is very pigmented and stays on quite well even though it doesn't claim to be long wearing.  The one big downfall of this product for me is that it has a horrible smell.  It smells like plastic or chemicals and the smell of it makes me feel like it is not a product that is meant to go on the lips.  I usually can get past smells of lip products but unfortunately this one I cannot. 
   The NYC HD Color Trio in Oh Soho Sweet was the thing in the box I was most excited about.  The colors are GORGEOUS!  They remind me of the Dior Rosy Tan Palette I have been eyeing.  The pigmentation is decent but they are powdery.  The colors are so pretty though that I will make them work despite the lackluster texture.  
   Now onto the non-makeup products.  The duck tape.....well I'm not really sure what to say about it.  It sticks?  The print on the duck tape was cute but I cannot even tell you the last time I used duck tape.  Next up are the Puff's tissues.  Random?  Yes, but I cannot tell you how many times I have wished I had a tissue when I am out running errands and they kids get something on them.  These little packs are extremely convenient when on the go, especially when you have kids.
   On to the last item.....the Skinny Cow Peanut Butter Chocolates.  These come in packages with three chocolates in each.  They definitely don't taste like what you would expect for a "skinny" chocolate.  They taste smooth and creamy.  I wasn't crazy about the peanut butter flavor but I have had these chocolates in the caramel flavor and those were very tasty.
   Overall I think Influenster is a great way to find out information about products, connect with other product lovers, and potentially try a box full of goodies.  The Jolly VoxBox was a random mish mash of goodies but the stand outs for me were the NYC HD Color Trio and Puff's Tissues.   If you love products and finding all you can about them, then you should think about joining the Influenster program. If you have any questions about the products or Influenster don't hesitate to ask and don't forget to subscribe!













I received these products from Influenster.  I never have and never will do a positive review in exchange for money.  These are my honest opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment