Saturday, November 30, 2013

Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream & Lip Insurance Primer Set



    I have been seeing reviews on the Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Creams for quite a while now but always talked myself out of buying them.  Let me start by saying that I am not the kind of girl that puts on lip liner or typically spends a lot of time putting on lipstick.  I like something quick, easy, and comfortable to wear.    
   I purchased this set on HSN for $28 plus free shipping.  Normally, the La Creme Lip Creams are $22 each and the Lip Insurance Primer is $19 so this set is a great deal.  I have a very difficult time finding lip colors that look good on me.  I have very pale lips and it seems that every color shows up a lot darker than it does on other people.  This set appealed to me because it was neutral colors and it also came with the Lip Insurance Primer which I have always wanted to try.  


 The packaging of the Lip Cream's is very simple, yet elegant.  The Lip Insurance comes with a doe foot applicator. Lets start with the Lip Creams....the colors that came in the set were Naked Dolly (described as a satin pink) and Spice Spice Baby (described as a pinky brown).  
   Naked Dolly is a pale pinky-nude that on my lips looks like "my lips but better" and very natural.  This color is one that I can put on without thinking too much.  
   Spice Spice Baby is much darker than I was expecting.  It looks like a mixture of a brick red and neutral pink to me.  On my lips it almost pulls too brick red which is not my favorite lip color. Someone with more pigmented lips would probably really like this but unfortunately my lips just don't have enough pigment to balance out the brick red tones. 
Naked Dolly

Spice Spice Baby- I cannot get this to photograph true to color.  It looks more "spice-y" to me in person.
 The application is very smooth and feels amazing on the lips.  It feels moisturizing but not so moisturizing that it is going to slip off the lips.  Lasting power is similar to Revlon Lip Butters so it isn't terrible but not great either.  
   Now moving onto the Lip Primer....when applying this the applicator tends to grab too much product so I usually will wipe off the excess.  It is a very thin consistency that is clearish white in color.  After applying the Lip Primer I wait a minute or so and then apply the Lip Cream.  The Lip Primer completely changes the feel of the Lip Creams.  They don't go on as luxurious or moisturizing feeling as they did without the primer.  I can definitely feel the primer working to lock down the Lip Cream though.  When it dries, it dries to feel and look like a matte lipstick.  The longevity when using the combination is definitely a great deal longer.  I can drink water and there is barely any transferring on the bottle.  I have yet to try the Lip Primer with any other lipsticks but I can only imagine it would be a great addition to your favorite lipstick that you need to be long wearing.
Naked Dolly- Bottom swatch without primer.  Top swatch with primer.

Spice Spice Baby- Bottom swatch without primer. Top Swatch with primer.

  I also should mention that with the primer, the Lip Creams seemed to apply more streaky and I had to work with them a little more.  Overall, I think it is very much dependent on your personal preference as to whether to use the lip primer or not.  For me, I will use the Lip Creams without the primer most of the time because I love the way they feel just on their own.  However, when I need more of a long wear type lip product, I will definitely pair this with the primer and maybe just put a thin layer of lip gloss over.  I am very happy I purchased this set because it allowed me to try three different things for a little over the price of one of the Lip Creams.  Even though I may not care for the Spice Spice Baby I can still mix it with another lip product to make it more wearable for me.  

Pros
-Lip Primer increased wear time
-La Creme Color Drenched Lip Creams went on smoothly and felt very moisturizing
-Didn't travel outside lips
-Great value for set
-Packaging

Cons
-Lip Primer changed the finish of the Lip Creams
-Lip Primer applicator picks up too much product

Availability
www.hsn.com (Set and Lip Creams but not Lip Primer)
www.Sephora.com  (Lip Creams and Primer but not set)
www.ulta.com (Lip Creams and Primer but not set)
www.TooFaced.com (Lip Creams and Primer but not set)

Price
$28 for the set
or
$22 for Lip Cream and $19 for the Lip Primer


Have you tried these yet? If so, what did you think and what colors would you recommend?

-Jaime-






No comments:

Post a Comment